“This is a great book. It is definitely well written for a child. I think that it is inspiring to children who have shared the same experience. It can also reach the adult population because as adults we go through the same thing with new jobs and/or locations.” -
“My son Ty’lik enjoyed the book by De’Zyre. When she did her presentation at West Bertie, my son found that the book was very interesting. He came home and told me about the book and how much he enjoyed it. So I am going to have to purchase a book for my son Ty. Keep up the good work De’Zyre.”
"We read our book for the first time tonight and we loved it! Lily thinks she is super special that De'Zyre wrote her a special note in the front of her book ❤. Close Friends is such a great story! We love it."
Love the story "Close Friends." Our family also relocated and out 6yo was worried about making new friends and now that the school year is over, he has expressed missing his old friends. this story is also great for helping his transition from kindergarten to first grade."
”This is an amazing book!!! I read it to my daughter and now this is her favorite book. I would recommend this book to all young readers.”
“I read this book as soon as I got it home. I enjoyed reading it as well as my daughter. I could not pass up a chance to support a 6 year old author in my own town. Keep being great De’Zyre.”
1. What inspired you to write your children’s book?
A: I wanted other children to learn to make close friends and to love to read as much as I do.
2. What is your children’s book about?
A: It is about a new kid going to a new and having to make new friends. The new kid is me.
3. How did you feel when you received the first copy of your book?
4. How did you come up with the characters for your book?
A: The characters are based on my friends.
5. How old were you when you started to write books or stories?
6. How many stories have you written in addition to Close Friends?
7. What are your favorite books to read?
A: Pete the Cat, Mercy Watson, Dr. Seuss collection, Diary of A Wimpy Kid, Junie B. Jones collection, Spongebob, Lunch Lady series, Magic Tree House series, Baby Mouse series, Fashion Cat series, and of course my own book
8. What was the writing and publishing process like for you?
A: First, I wrote my story in my journal. Then I read the story to my mommy and she asked me if the story was about me. Then I told her that it was about me. After that, my mommy searched for publishers that would consider working with me. Through one of the searched publishers, Mascot Books was suggested.
9. Where do you get the ideas for the stories that you have written?
A: From my heart and God
10. Do you want to write and publish more books when you grow up?
A: Yes, I am already writing more books. Eventually, I want to publish a chapter book.
11. Why did you choose animal characters for your book?
A: I chose animal characters because some of them are the animals that I like and I wanted to get the attention of children.
12. How long was the writing and publishing process?
A: It took 1 day to write my book and a total of 6 months for the publishing.
13. Who is your illustrator and how did you choose him or her?
A: Junica is my illustrator and I chose him because I liked his work. My publishing company sent me a portfolio of different illustrators work and wanted me to choose who I wanted to work with.
14. Who designed your characters?
A: I did.
15. What do you want to be when you grow up?
A: A famous gymnast
16. Do you like being famous?
17. What are your hobbies?
A: Gymnastics, Karate, Playing with my puppies, talking to my brother, jumping on my trampoline, and spending time with my mom
18. Do you make a lot of money and how much?
A: Yes and I do not want to say how much.
19. What advice or tips would you give someone that wants to write a book?
A: Think BIG, believe in your dreams, have faith that your dreams will come true, and have a good support system. My mommy is my biggest supporter as she helped me to make my dreams come true.
20. What part of success do you like the most?
A: The part of success that I like the most if being able to help people.
21. Why is helping people important to you?
A: Helping people is important so that they can achieve what they want to achieve.